We’re searching for a whip-smart, energetic, and extremely organized Content Marketing Manager to join our team and fill a crucial gap in our growing team.
Why You’ll Love it:
You’ll learn an incredible amount about sales and marketing, and you’ll work on creating amazing content with the best minds in the sales world.
You will have access to a robust suite of digital marketing tools. You don’t have to be an expert in all of them, but you should be prepared to learn how to use them.
You can work where you want. The Sales Hacker team is 100% remote. Although we communicate constantly, and we do get together from time to time, we enjoy being able to work in the places that make us most comfortable and productive.
We have fun, and we make a difference! What we do is exciting: finding the best advice in sales and bringing it right to those people who need it most. When you really hit a home run, you’ll hear lots of “thank you’s” from the Sales Hacker community.
What we’re looking for:
If you’ve been following Sales Hacker for a while (and that’s actually the first requirement for this job) you know we don’t allow “content marketers” to publish with us. We’re exclusively led by sales leaders and practitioners.
Our blog is almost 100% user-generated, meaning original posts come from our audience and community. You must be prepared to run a content marketing program that relies on leveraging strong relationships with some of the most well-respected leaders in B2B sales and marketing.
You’ll be completely in charge of our content in collaboration with our partners and contributors, so you need to be able to execute masterfully. You’ll also have opportunities to help with SEO, influencer marketing, social media… you name it.
Your Daily Adventures Will Include:
We aim to give salespeople 5 world-class, brand new content pieces each week, at a minimum length of 1,000 words.
You’ll be responsible for the entire content production process in all its glory: from idea to implementation to reporting.
You’ll balance pace and polish, producing beautiful content on a deadline.
You’ll work with some of the world’s most exciting brands and thought leaders as the “content concierge” for the Sales Hacker partner program. That will include day-to-day communications with our partners and coordination of their Sales Hacker content projects.
You’ll give all our partners and contributors white-glove service and direction to the best possible results. We don’t just accept great content, we make it even greater.
Sales Hacker has high standards. You will be their guardian and champion.
We’ve published a lot! Some of our older content gets dusty now and then, and needs a fresh take. You will identify thos opportunities for improvement, and optimize old content for improved keyword rankings.
You’ll also optimize our new content so salespeople can easily find the advice they need in organic search.
You know that content without promotion is a practice in futility. You’ll make sure everything you proudly publish gets seen and loved by as many people as possible.
That might, for example, include securing thought leadership and guest-posting opportunities on other top-publisher sites
- You have 3+ years of marketing agency, media experience, or content role at a high growth SaaS company (B2B preferred)
- You have freakishly excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have experience in content marketing, including strategy and distribution/promotion
- You are obsessed with ranking for more and better keywords with on-page SEO
- You are also obsessed with social shareability
- You believe headlines like “5 ways to do XYZ” are corny and played-out
- You know how to make blog content interesting and impactful
- You have the ability to think creatively and innovatively
- You work with a high sense of urgency and organization
- You have experience managing the work of others
- Bonus if you have experience using Ahrefs, SEMrush, Google Analytics, Yoast, Google Search Console, Asana, WordPress, and BuzzSumo